Through the coalition of current business leaders, provide support to improve the level of education necessary to grow and develop the future workforce and business leaders in the SouthBelt Ellington Chamber service area.
Project and Scope
– Provide a school polo shirt to elementary students who otherwise do not have the means to have school uniform clothing.
1. Schools will be chosen based on published information on poverty levels, consultation with PISD
representatives and proximity to SouthBelt Ellington Chamber of Commerce. The chamber will
commit for the 2016 – 2017 school year to providing for the school uniform shirt needs of
students at the 10 selected schools.
2. Polo Shirt Acquisition
a. Goal: 2000 polo shirts
b. Seek donations of polo shirts and/or money
i. Newspaper article encouraging community participation
ii. Solicit corporate and other sponsors for shirts and/or money
3. Uniform Distribution
a. Identify Pasadena ISD designated person at each elementary school
b. Provide 100 shirts to the designated representative
c. Provide plastic storage containers for the shirts
d. Each committee member will be a liaison to at least one school, meeting with the school
designee to explain our partnership and to deliver shirts
e. Sally Mitchell will be the point of contact for the schools
f. Schools will be the point of contact/distribution for students needing polo shirts.
– As needed and/or resources are available, provide underwear, socks, and other school supplies to each school for use to help elementary students in need. Seek donations and distribute in conjunction with polo shirts.
Communication of Project
Appeal to community and businesses:
1. Educate chamber members through Chamber Newsletter and website.
2. Put articles in the SouthBelt-Ellington Leader.
3. Meet with Pasadena ISD representatives
Time Line of Project
February: Develop and approve Strategic Plan
March 1 – June 1: campaign for donations, select schools
April/May: lunch meeting with school contacts – bins returned to Chamber
June 1 – August 1: inventory donations, identify school contact person and meet with them to explain project, fold shirts
June 15: shirts ordered
August 1 – August 15: distribute shirts to selected schools
November 2016 – Mid-project evaluation
January: distribute a second complement of shirts to selected schools
March 2017 – Evaluate project
If you are interested in getting involved with the Education Outreach Committee, please contact us at email@example.com. If your organization would like to become a resource to further support our local schools, please fill out the resource application and forward it to us at your earliest convenience.
CLICK HERE FOR THE RESOURCE APPLICATION